Rustic farmhouse style is a design trend that has been gaining popularity in recent years. With its warm and inviting feel, this style is perfect for anyone who wants to bring a touch of the countryside into their home. If you are new to the rustic farmhouse look, this beginner’s guide will provide you with everything you need to know to get started.
Woodabmitious is a brand that specializes in rustic farmhouse-style home decor, kitchenware, and furniture. Our focus is on using natural materials like wood to create products that are not only beautiful, but also environmentally friendly. In this guide, we will show you how to introduce the rustic farmhouse style into your home, using Woodabmitious products as inspiration.
We will cover three key areas of your home that you can focus on to bring the rustic farmhouse style to life: the living room, the kitchen, and the bedroom. In each section, we will provide you with tips and ideas for incorporating the rustic farmhouse look into your space, as well as product recommendations from Woodabmitious.
So, whether you are starting from scratch or just looking to add a touch of rustic charm to your existing decor, this beginner’s guide to the rustic farmhouse style will give you all the inspiration and guidance you need to get started.
Use Natural Materials:
One of the hallmarks of the rustic farmhouse style is the use of natural materials like wood, stone, and metal. You can incorporate these materials into your home by adding wooden furniture and decor, stone accents like fireplaces, and metal accents like light fixtures.
Let’s find out three methods to apply natural materials to the Rustic-Farmhouse Style.
1) Incorporate Wooden Furniture: Wooden furniture is a staple of the rustic farmhouse style. Look for pieces that are made from rough-hewn wood and have a natural, aged appearance. Consider adding wooden chairs, tables, and bookcases to your home. Consider Woodambitious’s Ofelia Modern Rustic Farmhouse Round Dining Table. It will be a great way to spruce up your country home.
2) Use Stone Accents: Stone accents like fireplaces and countertops can help create a rustic, natural feel in your home. If you don’t have a stone fireplace, consider adding a stone hearth or surround to your existing fireplace.
3) Include Metal Accents: Metal accents like light fixtures, hardware, and decor can add a touch of industrial style to your rustic farmhouse aesthetic. Look for pieces made from materials like iron and brass to give your home a vintage feel. Consider Woodambitious’s Oswald Farmhouse Chicken Planters Set of 3. It will be a great way to spruce up your Farmhouse style home.
The rustic farmhouse style embraces imperfections and the beauty of natural aging. So, don’t be afraid to show off the natural knots, cracks, and patina of your wooden pieces. This creates a warm and inviting atmosphere that is perfect for relaxing and spending time with family. Let’s find out three methods to apply natural materials to the Rustic-Farmhouse Style.
1) Showcase Natural Knots and Cracks: The natural knots and cracks in wooden pieces are one of the hallmarks of the rustic farmhouse style. Consider incorporating wooden furniture that has these features into your home. Consider Woodambitious’s Oxford Farm Garden Mini Herb Pots Caddy. It will be a great way to spruce up your Farmhouse style home.
2) Emphasize Patina: The patina of aged metal and wood is another hallmark of the rustic farmhouse style. Consider incorporating pieces that have a naturally aged look, like vintage metal decor or a wooden table that has been passed down through your family. Consider Woodambitious’s Monaco Round Wood and Metal Risers Set of 2. It will be a great way to spruce up your Farmhouse style home.
3) Incorporate Worn Fabrics: Worn fabrics like denim, burlap, and linen are also an important part of the rustic farmhouse style. Consider using these materials for throw pillows, curtains, and tablecloths to add texture and warmth to your home.
Another key element of the rustic farmhouse style is the use of textures. You can add texture to your home by using throw pillows and blankets with a cozy knit or weave, and by incorporating rough-hewn wooden pieces into your decor. You can also use burlap and linen to add a rustic touch to your home. Let’s find out three methods to add textures to the Rustic-Farmhouse Style.
1) Use Cozy Knits and Weaves: Cozy knits and weaves are a great way to add texture to your home. Consider using throw pillows, blankets, and rugs made from these materials to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
2) Incorporate Rough-Hewn Wooden Pieces: Rough-hewn wooden pieces like a wooden bench or a wooden bowl can add texture and natural beauty to your home. Look for pieces that have a naturally aged appearance and a rough texture. Consider Woodambitious’s Wilson Rustic Distressed Wood Crates Set of 2. It will be a great way to spruce up your Farmhouse style home.
3) Use Burlap and Linen: Burlap and linen are also great materials for adding texture to your home. Consider using these materials for curtains, tablecloths, and upholstery to create a rustic, natural feel. Consider Woodambitious’s Farmhouse Unique Gypsy Knit Magazine Holder. It will be a great way to spruce up your Farmhouse style home.
By incorporating these sub-methods into your home, you can create a warm and inviting rustic farmhouse style that is perfect for relaxing and spending time with family. Woodambitious offers a variety of products that are perfect for incorporating the rustic farmhouse style into your home, from wooden furniture and decor to stone and metal accents. So why not start your rustic farmhouse journey with Woodambitious today?